Nitto Hydrogen Detection Tape allows for the visual detection of hydrogen gas leaks by permanently changing color when in contact with hydrogen gas.
- Tape visually changes color, from amber to black, in as little as 10 seconds when exposed to H2 (depending on the flow rate, temperature, time and percentage of hydrogen).
- Provides an additional safety net for detecting gas leaks and improves detection time by making it easier to find intermittent leaks.
- Is highly sensitive and can detect hydrogen leaks that contain as little as 1% H2 concentration.
- DX-2106H will not return to its original color once exposed to hydrogen gas.
- Easy to use; applies the same as a typical silicone /polyimide PSA.
- Can be used in most indoor or outdoor environments.
- Superior capability in detecting the location of the hydrogen leak when compared to conventional portable or stationary sensors.
- Less influenced by wind, position, duration, skills, etc.
- Easy to check vertical and bottom faces.