The ProGas 4 gas detector is specifically designed for critical functions such as measuring, monitoring and detecting hazardous gases in industrial installations.It can operate under harsh industrial conditions where environmental parameters may vary widely (high temperatures, mist and dust). It can be installed in a variety of ways:
- either integrated into the Gas Safety System Sigma Gas,
- or installed as a stand-alone detector, integrated with supervisory systems (e.g. by means of its 4..20 mA output signal or its RS-485 interface).
The ProGas 4 detector has been developed to replace our earlier Sigma ProGas and ProGas devices. ProGas 4 is based on a completely new electronic design. It has a new measuring head (either ‘FL’ or ‘FH’) which is the fruit of a three year development process. This new product offers greatly improved detection capabilities. A ProGas 4 detector equipped with a pellistor sensor now offers a halved response time (T90)* and is rated among the fastest devices available. In order to prevent the condensation of moisture and its harmful effects on the sensor, the inside of the gas measuring head 'FH', including the sensor, is maintained at a controlled temperature of 10 °C above ambient. Other enhancements incorporated into the ProGas 4 detector include:
- advanced interface for external connections,
- power voltage range up to 50 V,
- mitigation of the long-term drift of catalytic sensors.
* detector with the HL head with a pellistor sensor