The FlameSpec-UV-IR flame detector provides ultra-fast response, high performance and reliable detection of a large variety of fires including hydrocarbon fires (visible and nonvisible), as well as Hydrogen fires. The detector addresses slow growing fires as well as fast eruptions of fire using improved UV-IR technology. The detector operates in all weather and light conditions.
The detector provides high-definition (HD) video output of the monitored area with clear imaging of a fire event and of personnel at distances up to 100 ft. (30m) allowing rescuers to know the exact situation before entering the hazardous area. It will automatically record a video of a fire event (1 min pre-alarm / up to 3 min post-alarm).
Add to that, the integral HD quality video, with event recording, on top of the proven superior capabilities of UV-IR flame detection and you have a very powerful safety tool to protect your personnel, plant and process.
FlameSpec-UV-IR flame detector - Key Benefits
- High immunity to False Alarm.
- Ultra-fast detection mode detection within 5 milliseconds for fireballs or explosions.
- Hydrogen and Hydrocarbons flame detection.
- High sensitivity – up to 100 ft. (30m) for a 1 ft2 (0.1m2) n-heptane pan fire.
- HD video output with Automatic HD video recording of fire events. Data/
- Event logger: Alarms, faults and other relevant events are logged to nonvolatile memory.
- Ethernet communication – in addition to the standard methods, such as 4-20mA and Modbus.
- Built-in-Test (BIT) – Automatic and manual internal self-test of window cleanliness and the overall operation of the detector (for both IR and UV channels).
- HART 7 models available - Easy configuration and diagnostic capability.
- Window heater to avoid condensation and icing.
- Stainless steel tilt mount with horizontal and vertical adjustment.
- UV and IR warning levels – 0-20mA – Current output warning when elevated UV or IR radiation is detected.
- SIL 2 compliant models available - suitable for use as part of a SIL 2 compliant safety system.