The FlameSpec-UV-IR flame detector provides ultra-fast response, high performance and reliable detection of a large variety of fires including hydrocarbon fires (visible and nonvisible), as well as Hydrogen fires. The detector addresses slow growing fires as well as fast eruptions of fire using improved UV-IR technology. The detector operates in all weather and light conditions.
FlameSpec-UV-IR - Key Benefit
- High immunity to false alarm
- Hydrogen and Hydrocarbons flame detection.
- Ultra-fast detection mode detection within 5 milliseconds for fireballs or explosions
- High sensitivity – up to 100 ft. (30m) for a 1 ft2 (0.1m2) n-heptane pan fire
- Data/Event logger – alarms, faults and other relevant events are logged to non-volatile memory
- Built-in-Test (BIT) – Automatic and manual internal self-test of window cleanliness and the overall operation of the detector.
- HART 7 models available - Easy configuration and diagnostic capability.
- Window heater to avoid condensation and icing.
- Stainless steel tilt mount with horizontal and vertical adjustment. Optional mounting adapters available for retrofit installations.
- SIL 2 compliant models available - suitable for use as part of a SIL 2 compliant safety system.
- UV and IR warning levels – 0-20mA – Current output warning when elevated UV or IR radiation is detected.