The FlameSpec-IR3-H2-HD flame detector provides ultra-fast response, high performance and reliable detection of hydrogen (H2) fires. The detector addresses slow growing fires as well as fast eruptions of fire using improved IR3 technology. The detector operates in all weather and light conditions.
In addition, the detector provides high-definition (HD) video output of the monitored area with near IR filtered imaging of fire events and personnel at distances up to 100 ft. (30m). This allows the rescue team to be aware of the exact situation before entering the hazardous area. The detector automatically records fire events (1 minute pre- and up to 3 minutes post-alarm initiation). These features, along with the built-in event logger, provide additional means to study the cause and development of fire events.
FlameSpec-IR3-H2-HD - Key Benefits
- High immunity to false alarm.
- Ultra-fast detection mode detection within 40 milliseconds for Hydrogen fireballs or explosions.
- Hydrogen flame detection.
- High sensitivity – up to 100 ft. (30m).
- HD video output with Automatic HD video recording of fire events.
- Data/Event logger – alarms, faults and other relevant events are logged to non-volatile memory.
- Ethernet communication – in addition to the standard methods, such as 4-20mA and Modbus.
- Built-in-Test (BIT) – Automatic and manual internal self-test of window cleanliness and the overall operation of the detector.
- HART 7 models available - Easy configuration and diagnostic capability.
- Window heater to avoid condensation and icing.
- Stainless steel tilt mount with horizontal and vertical adjustment. Optional mounting adapters available for retrofit installations.
- SIL 2 compliant models available - suitable for use as part of a SIL 2 compliant safety system.