Ammonia detection tape allows for the visual detection of ammonia gas leaks by changing color from white to blue/green when in contact with ammonia gas.
- Tape visually changes color, from white to dark blue/green, in as little as 10 seconds when exposed to NH3 (depending on the flow rate, temperature, time and percentage of ammonia).
- Provides an additional safety net for detecting gas leaks and improves detection time by making it easier to find intermittent leaks.
- Is highly sensitive and can detect ammonia leaks that contain as little as 220ppm NH3 concentration.
- DX-8208A will provide a long-lasting color-change once exposed to ammonia gas.
- Easy to use; applies the same as a typical silicone / polyester PSA.
- Can be used in most indoor or outdoor environments.
- Color change retention time is over 24hrs, typically over 3 days, depending on exposure condition.
- Superior capability in detecting the location of the NH3 leak.
- Less influenced by wind, position, duration, skills, etc. compared to conventional ammonia detection products.
- Easy to check vertical and bottom faces of the adherend.